Craziness in Fifth Home About Me My Classroom Organization Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Thursday, June 22, 2017

5th Grade Math Units - Order of Operations

Hey hey everyone! I have had an idea for these math units to cover the individual concepts we cover in fifth grade math. I have finished up the first one, and it covers order of operations. I want to go over what will be included in these math units! All of these lessons and activities are explicitly explained in the unit in my TPT store!

ANCHOR CHART
I have included an anchor chart that can be shrunk to fit in student's math notebooks. It can also be printed to be hung up in your classroom for a reminder of the steps!


PRACTICE SHEETS
I have included some practice sheets for the students to use for extra practice. There are 3 forms (A, B, C) with 6 problems on each page. I have also made each one into a sheet of just 3 problems. I wanted to give options because sometimes we have time for 3 problems. I also did this because I know some students are overwhelmed with 6 problems, so they will be doing the same problems, just fewer!


EXIT TICKETS
I have also included 3 different exit tickets with 2 problems each. They just need to be cut in half. I love exit tickets to use as a check for understanding. I use them to group students for our intervention time for reteaching. I cannot get enough of exit tickets.


RETEACHING LESSON
I have included a lesson plan for reteaching! Order of operations can be a tricky skill, so there is a lesson and materials for a small group reteaching lesson.

Small Group Work with the steps of the order of operations.

 Guided practice to work on in a small group.

ERICHMENT
I wanted to include an enrichment opportunity to push those students who are getting the concept.

Part 1: Putting the correct operations to make the expression true!

Part 2: Putting the correct operations and parenthesis to make the expression true!

ACTIVITIES
I have included 3 different engaging activities for the students to practice the concept of order of operations. Once again, they are all explicitly explained in the pack, this is just a preview!




ASSESSMENT
Finally, I have included a short assessment you can give to your students, it covers the skill of order of operations.


Lucky you! Since you are still here, I have linked to a FREEBIE! I have given the assessment as a FREEBIE for you to use in your classroom!


I hope this helps you understand the pack a little better and I hope this works well in your classroom! (Click the picture below to get this resource!)



What skills would you like me to do next? Leave your ideas in the comments below!

Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment