Craziness in Fifth Home About Me My Classroom Organization Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Sunday, June 5, 2016

New Erin Condren Teacher Planner


I received the most beautiful package in the mail on Tuesday, and if you've ordered from Erin Condren before you can spot her beautiful packaging from a mile away! My new Teacher Planner finally arrived. I was tracking it on my phone, and it must not have connected to the UPS online system because it said it hadn't even been to get it tracking label on, so long story short, it was actually a surprise to me when it was sitting on my door step! 


I have a confession to make. I have not always used the EC Teacher Planner. My first year of teaching, let's be honest, before I knew what I was doing, I had one. I stopped using it half way through the year and switched to one I made my own based off of a sweet blogger's template. That template is what I used all last year, and here I am. I am back to giving the EC Planner a try. I am a little more savvy in making things, so I can't wait to take my old template and make it fit this new planner. I am going to have to come back and compare the two after this year!

My plan for this post is to give you the highlights on the '16-'17 EC Teacher Planner. I am not going to go into all of the details, just what I think are the main parts of it and how I plan to use it.


Enough about me, let's get back to this beauty. I LOVE almost all of the cover options that are available this year! I went with this on right after spotting it. The cover is durable, and will definitely hold up through all of the meetings and throwing into my bag it will see this year. Also, I am obsessed with the fonts this year, as many of us font lovers are!


With the Teacher Planner, I thought I was going to have to purchase some extra accessories, but come to find out I got all of the products above for free with my order! I am SUPER PUMPED about the Date Dots, it saved so much more time than writing in the date for every month, and the colors are really cute!


This planner has a month layout for every month, and it is such a nice way to look at each month at a glance for a quick reference. The Date Dots also pop right from the pages!


After all of the months at a glance, you get to the meat of the planner, the lessons section. This is the part and I still deciding how I am going to use it. I have some labels I am going to put at the top for my subjects and times, but our schedule isn't finalized, so I haven't printed them out year. I don't like my handwriting, so whatever I put in the lined part will by typed, in a cute font, of course. This section of the planner is up in the air right now! Sounds silly considering it is the most important part, but I'll figure it out! 


This is the last section of the planner is the checklist section. I am planning on using this for my grades this year, once again, a new system for me, but I'm going to give it a go! I think I am going to like having everything all in one place!

I am excited to give the EC Teacher Planner another chance! If you have never bought any of the Erin Condren products, I highly recommend you do, her Life Planner is also amazing! Use the link below to go explore the options Erin Condren has!

Hopefully you're enjoying your summer break, but if you're like me you're always working and thinking about the next year, happy planning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment